Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Polenta bread, mint pound cake and baby gaga

Adzuki and tomato spread on polenta bread

Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Rolled oats with sultanas, toasted coconuts, sunflower seeds and linseeds
Lunch: Adzuki and tomato spread on polenta bread
Dinner: Adzuki and tomato spread on polenta bread and wholemeal sourdough toast

I used up the last batch of frozen cookie dough. I forgot to add chocolate chips so the cookies were not double chocolate coffee daim cookies. It was not very sweet but very nice, I happily ate all 6 little cookies and wished there was more.

Today there was little creatively, lunch and dinner was the same except for the inclusion of sourdough during dinner. The polenta bread was nice and I was happy eating it twice a day. I made it using a very basic recipe that I posted here. I love it, it reminds me of corn flatbread that my grandmother used to make. This is what it looks like:

Polenta Bread

 
Today's Favourite Photo
Thin mint pound cake




Today’s Favourite Blog
Baby Gaga is causing problems in the UK. Authorities in the UK confiscated Baby Gaga, ice cream made with human breast milk. The authorities cited safety reasons since viruses can be passed on through breast milk. Authorities also received complaints regarding whether a shop should be selling edibles made from other people's bodily fluids.

This raises some very interesting issues, ethical issues and opportunities to make many funny comments. Some of the comments referred to consuming human milk as gross. Most of us, or maybe all of us, drank human milk when we were young. But once we grow older human milk becomes gross while it is acceptable to drink milk from other animals! We humans are a complex creature, we are the only animals that drink milk from other animals.

One of my favourite comments is the suggestion that human milk should be fed to cows.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yuck! I have actually heard about this before. A few months ago PETA was requesting that Ben and Jerry's start using breast milk and I believe that they cited that place. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polenta bread sounds lovely and is definitely something that I want to try making! And I could totally use a batch of those cookies this morning. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie: OK, failed attempt in your country and not so successful in UK either. Looks like babies are the only ones satisfied with consuming it:)
    Joanne: Good luck. Chocolate coffee cookie in the morning - good idea, good energy booster

    ReplyDelete