Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eggplant oyster sauce, homemade oat milk and vanilla and orange cupcakes

Eggplant in oyster sauce with polenta
Food Diary (May 05, 2011)
Breakfast: Rolled oats with raisins and flaxseeds
Lunch: Eggplant in oyster sauce with polenta
Dinner: Fried egg with sourdough rye bread, muesli
Baking/sweets: Sourdough rye bread

Eggplant and oyster sauce is a great combination, I loved it.

I made sourdough rye bread for the first time and it was a success. Rye bread had an interesting taste and its good for you. Yesterday I blogged about rye being healthy and today it appeared on the menu. It was sheer coincidence.

Today's Favourite Photo
Vanilla and Orange Cupcakes




Today’s Favourite Blog
Chocolate and Zucchini has instructions for homemade oat milk. It is quite easy to make oat milk. The equipment needed is a blender and a strainer. Only 50 grams (1/4 cup) of raw oat groats are required to make a litre . The total costs works out to be a fraction of the price of cows milk. In the supermarket (where I live anyway) oatmilk costs 50-100% more than regular milk. I suppose the high cost is due to relatively lower demand.

Oat milk and soy milk (also quite easy and cheap to make) are quite delicious. I am definitely thinking of setting up a factory in my kitchen, to meet my needs!

9 comments:

  1. Those vanilla and orange cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are the best! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had eggplant in my halls tonight - I don't usually like it but it was really nice! :) Might then give eggplant in oyster sauce a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eggplant in oyster sauce too..such a simple but delicious idea :) Oh, thanks for picking my cupcakes as your photo of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the successful rye bread! I love the flavor of rye and it's great to know that it's good for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I want one of those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That eggplant with polenta looks pretty awesome. Great vegetarian entree :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those cupcakes look so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious! Love the combination of vanilla and orange!

    ReplyDelete