|Mulled Wine Spiced Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream|
Food Diary (January 01, 2012)
Lunch: Egg spread with bread, potato egg salad
Dinner: Pork pulau
Baking/sweets: Mulled Wine Spiced Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream, Pavlova with Cream
The mulled wine (glögg) spiced chocolate cake is almost like a brownie, rich and dense. The recipe is available here.
Today's Favourite Photo
Source: That Skinny Chick can bake
Chocolate Mousse Cake
Today’s Favourite Blog
Source: Honest Cooking
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Champagne:
1. The classic Champagne coupe was adapted from a wax mold made from the breast of Marie Antoinette.
2. There is about 90 pounds per square inch of pressure in a bottle of Champagne. That’s more than triple the pressure in an automobile tire.
3. A Champagne cork reaches a velocity of about 40 miles per hour (64 kilometers per hour) if popped out of the bottle.
4. The longest recorded flight of a Champagne cork is over 177 feet (54 meters).
5. Actress Marilyn Monroe took a bath in 350 bottles of Champagne. I wonder what happened to the champagne after she took the bath
6. There are approximately 49 million bubbles in a standard sized bottle of Champagne.
7. The largest bottle size for Champagne is called a Melchizedek and is equal to 40 standard bottles or 30 liters.
8. A Champagne riddler can turn as many as 50,000 bottles in a single day.
9. Don’t drink Champagne quickly or the bubbles will cause the alcohol to enter your bloodstream too fast often causing a headache. Savor your Champagne in small sips to taste the wine but also dissipate the bubbles before swallowing.
10. In the movie adaptations James Bond drinks Champagne more than any other beverage (nearly 40 glasses and counting).