|Pasta with mushrooms and ham|
Food Diary (January 27, 2012)
Breakfast: Rolled oats with banana, sunflower seeds and flax seeds
Lunch: Pasta with mushrooms and ham
Dinner: Lentils and bread
Today I bought bacon, much more than I needed, and since I don’t eat it often I decided to freeze part of it. I usually cut bacon into bits or freeze them as is. Today I read an interesting tip: roll up the rashers individually before freezing. This way all the rashers are separate. It’s a fantastic tip.
Today's Favourite Photo
Source: Rosa’s Yummy Yums
Drop Dead Chocolate Cake - Gâteau Au Chocolat Decadent
Today’s Favourite Blog
Interesting article titled “The Strangest Packaged Foods of All Time”. And there are some strange items on the list.
- Betty Lou’s Powdered Peanut Butter: Just add water to get peanut butter.
- Pickle Pop's: pickle-flavored ice pops
- Katadyn Canned Cheeseburger:
- Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda: the sugar-free soft drink has no calories and a rich chocolate taste.
- Rose Pork Brains in Milk Gravy: a can has 1,170 percent of the daily recommended cholesterol limit!
- Perky Jerky: a beef jerky that also includes guarana, a berry commonly found in energy drinks. This one does not sound too bad
- Accoutrements Bacon-Flavored Mints
- Dale’s Wild West Rattlesnake Meat
- Lowrey’s Microwave Pork Rinds: this low-carb, low-fat pork rinds received 5 star ratings from 81 out of 139 reviewers on Amazon
- Lester's Fixins Buffalo Wing Soda
- Candwich Sandwich: PB&J Sandwich in a Can
- Canned Whole Chicken
- Accoutrements Roast Beef Bubble Gum
- Dale's Wild West Alligator in a Can
- Stonewall’s Jerquee: soy beef jerky.