Sunday, March 3, 2013

Goulash and Vinotherapy


Goulash

This goulash tasted good, and it was easy to prepare.

I adopted the recipe from a vegetarian website, as part of the secret recipe club.  The ‘original recipe’ was made with kielbasa style tofurkey sausage. Unfortunately I didn’t have any tofurkeys lying around so I substituted with pork. I have made something similar with chickpeas and its absolutely delicious. So if you want to have a vegetarian goulash and don’t have any tofurkeys lying around, substitute with chickpeas, tofu or something along those lines. It won’t disappoint, just don’t try serving it to Hungarians. The recipe is available here.

Today's Favourite Photo
S'mores Cupcakes



Today’s Favourite Blog
Source: Guardian
Have you tried vinotherapy? No, it does not involve drinking vino, though that is therapeutic too.



At the Frank Gehry-designed Marqués de Riscal "Vinothérapie" spa hotel, the raw ingredients of wine, including whole grapes, are rubbed onto skin.

According to Wikipedia, vinotherapy describes a beauty therapy process where the residue of wine making (the pips and pulp) are rubbed into the skin. The pulp is said to have excellent exfoliating qualities and help reduce the problems associated with ageing.

So it seems not only is drinking wine good, even the leftover is good for you. It makes me think of beer and vegemite/marmite.

8 comments:

  1. Hehe I think most people would think that vinotherapy was therapy while drinking wine! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my wife loves this kinds of therapy, got to try this one out

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goulash looks great, I have to say I like the carnivore version :-)

    Wow what will they think of rubbing to rub on us, it must be a good astringent too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dish looks and sounds delicious and I'm sure Hungarians would love it too. You would just have to tell them it's a different dish. In Poland there is a stew called "goulash" made with pork or beef, but it has nothing to do with Hungarian gulyas (it can be delicious though).
    I used to have a soap with grape seeds. It was a very good peeling and it smelled gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of soap with grape seeds. I have tried soap with oats, for peeling.

      Delete