|Asian Inspired Pulled Pork|
This is my second time pulling pork. The first recipe I tried was Pulled Pork with Caramelized Onions. That was great, so is this Asian inspired recipe.
The recipe suggests using fish sauce. It may sound unusual but it worked. There was no fishy flavour or aroma. My only regret is not pulling more pork. The recipe is available here.
Today's Favourite Photo
Mini durian charlotte
Today’s Favourite Blog
Source: Huffington Post
Interesting food facts.
1. Hawaiian Pizza Was Invented By A Canadian
Sam Panopolous, a Canadian from London, Ontario, invented the Hawaiian pizza in 1962.
2. Americans Eat Nearly A Ton Of Food In A Year
That’s almost two and a half kilos a day!
3. Parmigiano Reggiano Is Not Vegetarian
Many cheeses are made with animal rennet, an enzyme that comes from the stomachs of animals like cows and goats.
4. Almonds Are Part Of The Peach Family
Almonds are part of the prunus family, which includes other trees that bear fruits like plums, cherries and peaches.
5. French Fries Are Not French
Nobody knows for sure where the actual concept originated. Apparently its called French fries because American soldiers stationed in France in World War One liked them so much that they dubbed the pommes frites French fries.
6. Watermelon and Avocados Are Berries, But Strawberries Are Not
A berry, by definition, is a "fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary." This means watermelon and avocados are berries, but strawberries are not.
7. Twinkies Do Not Have An Infinite Shelf Life
Twinkies have a shelf-life of about 45 days.
8. Honey Will Stay Good Forever
Honey never expires. While it may crystalize or change in color over the years, it will always be safe to consume.
9. Peanut Butter May Contain Rodent Hair And Insect Parts
The FDA has confirmed that there's an "average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams" and an "average of one or more rodent hairs per 100 grams." So just like some cheeses, peanut butter is perhaps not vegetarian!
10. Number Of Rows On An Ear Of Corn Will Always Be Even
The number of rows on an ear of corn will be even, because kernels come from pollinated flowers, and these flowers occur in pairs.
11. Fast Food Signs Can Affect Your Behavior
The mere sight of a fast food logo or packaging can affect your behavior. It can stimulate a sense of impatience and lead to a decreased capacity to savor and enjoy a pleasant experience.
12. One In Two Sandwiches Sold In France Is Now A Hamburger
Almost half of all sandwiches sold in France are burgers, and many of them come from McDonald's.
13. Most Of The Salmon We Eat Is Dyed Pink
Wild salmon are pink in color because of the krill they eat, but farmed salmon are fed pellets to die their skin pink, which is otherwise naturally grey.