Saturday, January 10, 2015

Crispy Chinese Roasted Pork Belly


Crispy Chinese Roasted Pork Belly
This is the nicest crackling I ever had. Really crispy, no chance of breaking my teeth. And the meat had a fantastic flavour. Soy, garlic, miso and five-spice powder all worked well together and produced a good result.

I have made crispy pork using different methods but the method suggested in the recipe, pouring boiling water over the skin, did miracles. The recipe is available here.


Crispy Chinese Roasted Pork Belly

5 comments:

  1. It looks so luscious... reminds me of the pork belly my mum used to bake... I never dared doing it at home especially since my favourite part was the thick crisp skin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy to make, and turned out well. Maybe it was luck.

      Delete
  2. Look at that crispy delicious skin, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. I have not gotten around to making anything with pork belly, got to try it with your recipe.

    ReplyDelete