Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking backwards, an unforgettable memory, and thank you…

One memorable meal worth mentioning, a dessert, my most memorable dessert during 2010, my most memorable dessert ever. It was simply magic served on a plate, and thankfully came in a fairly generous portion. I cannot stop thinking about it. It was unique, may sound unappetizing, perhaps even revolting, I myself was curious. Little did I expect that it would leave a lasting impression.

I had it just once, and I want more. It was perhaps meant to be like a truly intensive one night love affair, to be devoured and memories cherished forever… I have yet to see it on any restaurant menu, and the chances of it appearing in any supermarket is lower than McDonalds receiving 3 Michelin stars.

Foie gras ice cream, please come back...

A liver ice cream may sound revolting but foie gras is no ordinary liver, and foie gras ice cream is certainly no ordinary ice cream. 19 Glas, a wine bar in Stockholm, churned it during a special occasion. It has yet to make a reappearance.

Thank you for reading my blogs, for writing interesting blogs and giving me lots of inspiration. I started blogging on November 15, 2010, I just wished I started earlier. The satisfaction I got during the past month and a half was immense. It is a truly amazing experience to interact with like minded persons throughout the world. What an interesting world!

I wish you all the best for 2011, may all your dreams and wishes come true.

7 comments:

  1. Foie gras ice cream! You had me at hello... Hope your new years was very special....

    ReplyDelete
  2. tori: thanks, new years was special. If you do come across foie gras ice cream, give it a try. You will be pleasantly surprised, I hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm thats a really intersting flavour foie gras ice cream. I though avocado, cheese or corn ice cream variants are already one of a kind, definitely this one tops it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds strange in a delicious way. The fat in foie gras will be good for texture and taste:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. angsarap/jmlawry: one of a kind and hard to find. The ice cream was super creamy, thanks to the fat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like my foie gras seared, and served before dessert. Not that I eat often. I will try ice cream only if someone else pays and there are alternatives available...I don't like messing with my desserts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foie gras in a dessert is something I would certainly taste if I could (and would make if I had an ice-cream maker). It sounds very intriguing.
    I will remember to taste it if I ever happen to be in a place serving foie gras ice cream. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete