Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 24, 2011: Liver, Mississippi mud pie and greens

Liver and smoked sausage fried rice
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Rolled oats with kiwifruit and linseed
Lunch: Liver and smoked sausage fried rice
Dinner: Wholemeal sourdough with pasta sauce
Baking/sweets: Oat sweets, frozen banana with milk and yogurt

After discovering the wonderful liver and smoked sausage combination with the parfait, I decided to try a similar combination with rice this time. It was quite nice and the flavours were much milder because of the rice. I still prefer the parfait because of the more concentrated flavour, but perhaps I may have a different view another day.

Dinner was simple. I made a ton of pasta sauce with tomato, carrot, onion, spices and aromatics and froze most of it in ice cube trays. Now I have ready to use pasta sauce, pizza sauce and flavour enhancer for other dishes. Pasta sauce freezes quite well, and unfreezes just as easily!

A confession: I did something which might sound perhaps a bit strange, I am a bit unsure myself. You will notice that there is a page called ‘death row meal plan’ (top right hand side). Perhaps a distasteful choice of name, I will try to think of something more palatable.

Today's Favourite Blog
Mississippi mud pie demystified! Being not from the US, mississippi mud pie is an unknown complicated sounding treat until I read this post. Not so complicated to put together and there is plenty of room for creativity. This gives me some ideas on eating ice cream and cookies more creatively!

Today's Favourite Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment