Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday January 2, 2011

Polenta soup with chickpeas and baby carrots
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Missed
Lunch: Polenta soup with chickpeas and mixed veges
Dinner: Soy beans with flat bread and sourdough
Sweets: Milk shake, sweetened muesli and ice cream, frozen ANZACS

I was hoping today would be a recovery day. Meal wise it was but unfortunately a disaster in terms of sugar consumption. Well, this is the second day of the start of a new decade and this day comes once every 10 years, so why not:)

Today's Thought on Food
“Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are”.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, the French philosopher and gourmand, said this in 1825. Thanks to food blogging, today thousands are giving the world an opportunity to find out ‘what’ the blogger is. From my own experience, reading blogs does give insights or clues about the blogger, even if the blogger is totally anonymous. This is amazing, thank you for sharing your food experiences.

Today's Favourite Blog
Purple bird blog had an accident, congratulations, and I hope you have many more such accidents…A culinary accident produced a wonderful sounding cookie. It wasn’t a physical accident but an accident where many ingredients for an almond butter cookie recipe was replaced.

Many well known food and drinks have come about through culinary accidents – tarte tatin, champagne and Roquefort cheese to name a few.

Today's Favourite Photo

4 comments:

  1. I really like the style of your blog!! I love daily menus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessica! It's one of the unique blog styles I've seen so far. Thank you for dropping by my blog earlier.
    Have a great 2011 to you and yours.



    We Ate This!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica and Sreisaat: thank you very much for your kind compliments and encouragement, much appreciated.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwe, I just saw this shout-out, you rock!!! <3 And yes, it was a delicious accident indeed!!

    ReplyDelete