Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate beetroot soup, chicken liver cookie and bacon and egg pie

Stir fried veges with pickled herring in garlic sauce
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Rolled oats with sultanas, toasted coconut, sunflower seeds and linseeds
Lunch: Stir fried veges with pickled herring in garlic sauce
Dinner: Beetroot soup, chocolate beetroot soup
Baking/sweets: Sourdough bread

The vegetables I had for lunch was seasoned with soya sauce and sautéed very quickly to retain crunch. I am sure the adzuki bean sprouts were still germinating until I ate it.

Beetroot and chocolate is a popular combination. I posted a recipe for beetroot cake and while researching I realized that beetroot chocolate cakes were more popular than plain beetroot cakes. So out of curiosity I added drinking chocolate powder to part of the beetroot soup. Very nice and I would consider this a dessert. This is a nice two in one meal concept. Start off with beetroot soup and halfway through add drinking chocolate or cocoa and sugar and you finish off with dessert. No extra preparations, no extra dishes to wash.

Today's Favourite Photo
Carpaccio




Today’s Favourite Blogs
Unfortunately today I will break a rule and have two favourites. I found it almost impossible to choose one over another. I have presented them in alphabetical order, not because I prefer one over another.

Chicken liver cookies for Sally the dog.  What a nice gesture, what a brilliant idea. I love dogs, I love chicken liver, now you see why this is one of my favourites. My dog died many years ago, I still miss him to this day and will miss him forever. Wish I made cookies for my dog.

Ping calls it spike, I call it bacon and egg pie. Its my favourite pie and features on my death row meal plan! I was very surprised to see a bacon and egg pie. I came across this only in New Zealand. In Australia I found bacon and cheese pies but not bacon and egg pies. The only other places I have found bacon and egg pie is in my kitchen and on pings pickings. I miss bacon and egg pies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most Popular Recipes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Beets and chocolate, eh? I've seen that combo around but have never given it a shot. If it gets your seal of approval then it must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the carpaccio photo. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful finds.

    ReplyDelete