Friday, March 18, 2011

Beetroot soup, Copacabana Palace and salted butter break-ups

Tomato and onion omelette with chilli polenta bread

Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Boiled egg with chilli polenta bread
Lunch: Tomato and onion omelette with chilli polenta bread
Dinner: Beetroot soup
Baking/sweets: Chilli polenta bread

I have have eaten quite a lot of chilli polenta bread in the last couple of days, and there is still some more left. What I usually do is make extra dough and keep it in the refrigerator. It keeps for few days and the taste actually gets better. I added some sourdough starter to the polenta bread, it helped it rise a bit but did not do any miracles in terms of adding flavour.
 
Today's Favourite Photo
Poached crusted sole




Today’s Favourite Blog
I thought I was familiar with most types of cookies until I read “salted butter break-ups”. It made me realize that there is a big wide world out there! Of course there are a large number of varieties of cookies, a lot of which we will never hear about. And then there are different forms of cookies, ‘break-up’s being one of them. Break-up is not related in any way to what we (or I) associate the term with. A break-up cookie is a big cookie which is broken up.

Anyway these salted butter break-ups featured today on French Fridays with Doris. The cookies look ‘interesting’ but one should not judge a cookie by its looks. These cookies are not designed to win the beauty contest. However all the reviews I read gave this cookie a big thumbs up. It makes me really curious to try.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That's me up there! Woo hoo! Your chilli polenta bread looks really good. I don't eat polenta often enough, and your dish looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete