Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Overeating, mala yong tau foo and 10 food and wine inventions

Lightly smoked sausage with onion sauce and rice
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on sourdough toast
Lunch: Lightly smoked sausage with onion sauce and rice
Dinner: Soya beans and mixed veges in spicy tomato sauce with wheat and rice flour flatbread, oven roasted chickpeas, muesli
Baking/sweets: double chocolate coffee daim cookie, wheat and rice flour flatbread

A bad eating day today, I ate too much sugar and too much other things. I don’t mind overeating once in a while, once in a week perhaps. My theory is that giving the internal organs a good workout once in a while is not a bad thing, it might even be a good thing. I cannot be sure since I am not a professional. Maybe even a professional does not know.

Soya beans and mixed veges in spice tomato sauce with flatbread


Today's Favourite Photo
Source: Hungry Cow
Mala yong tau foo



Today’s Favourite Blog
I enjoy reading lists of things, especially when its interesting! Yesterday it was a list of 7 weird hangover cures. Today it’s a list of 10 food and wine inventions we didn’t need, according to the author which is not me. I was happily reading along until I reached an item which I own and use frequently – garlic press. Why it appeared on the list is beyond me. Some chefs hate it, others use it but the factories continue producing them so there must be a demand. Other than the garlic press I don’t disagree with most of the other items on the list. Bottle stopper is an item I don’t own but I have bought it as a present  and some of my friends own it. I have never seen it being used, other than for collecting dust.

The list also has items I have never heard of such as tater mitts. Muffin top baking pan also makes an appearance. This may ring bells for Seinfeld fans. To get muffin tops you need to bake a muffin and take the top off, you can’t just bake the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment