Saturday, January 7, 2012

Very interesting food innovation

Pizza
Food Diary (January 06, 2012)
Breakfast: Cornflakes
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: Spaghetti with tomato sauce, bread with hummus

I produced my own milk today, for the first time ever. It felt nice and satisfying in a somewhat strange way. Not many people have had this feeling yet. Have you?

The milk was fresh, it tasted different from the store bought milk. I’ve had this milk before, obviously, many times, but today it tasted more satisfying and delicious. When you make it yourself it increases the satisfaction. Sure there is some effort required, squeezing hard to extract every drop to avoid wastage, but its well worth the effort. You can read more and see some pictures here.

Today's Favourite Photo
Xin’s Gold Leaf Australian Lobster, Canadian Geoduck Clam and Salmon Yusheng, served up in an ice sculpture


Today’s Favourite Blog
Source: Refinery 29
There is constant innovation in the food industry. And heres quite an interesting one that I never heard of before. It combines eating, drinking and drinking (alcohol) all in one.

Bryant Park Hotel's Cellar Bar has introduced three new seasonal soups, alcohol included. Aptly named the "Soup Cocktails," the variations comprise of a Lobster Bisque, "infused with Harvey's Bristol Crème and porto, with seasonal spices and cayenne pepper," an Herb-Tomato, "blended with vodka and raspberry liqueur and finished with a pinch of sea salt, dry basil and black pepper," and a Carrot Ginger with, "Domaine de Canton and Frangelico liqueurs." At $9 each, the drinks are more affordable than a fancy martini, and obviously more filling, too. 

If I saw this on a menu I would be most tempted to order it. Actually I am most tempted to make this at home.

Recent Recipes

Popular Recipes

9 comments:

  1. I definitely would go for soups like those. Do make some and let us know (and see) how it turns out. Sounds super interesting.
    That Yusheng looks very nice but I wouldn't know how to get started eating it. Great as a centerpiece tho .... until it starts to melt. Over here, within minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The herb-tomato sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been one for sickly sweet cocktails, but I reckon I'd enjoy one of those! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally order one of those soup cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the idea of soup cocktails...as long as I don't have to drive home! I'm such a lightweight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ping: I intend to. I could make some dessert soup with the mulled wine that needs to be used up.

    yummychunklet: it is!

    Hannah: I am sure, and the more you have the more you will enjoy it. Our parents always tell us to eat (drink) our soup!

    Lorraine: I would almost be a crime to not order it!

    Lizzy: Thats the only downside - and it would be funny to get arrested for over-consumption of soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done on making your own soy milk.. homemade ones are always much better tasting than store bought ones. There's this gadget you can get in Asia that makes it even easier to have home made soy....just throw all ingredients in and wait for it to work it's magic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm happy you have made your soy milk. I sometimes make soy milk too. It's so easy and cheap, isn't it? I hope you haven't thrown away what is called okara in Japanese! (I have an okara cake recipe on my blog and I know there are many other recipes on internet).
    I love the drinking and eating alcohol idea. So different from the present tendency to make alcohol sound like poison.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow amazing how they presented that lobster!

    ReplyDelete