Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Job for Food Bloggers

Rice and beans

Food Diary (March 06, 2012)
Breakfast: Polenta porridge with banana, almonds and flax seeds
Lunch: Rice and beans
Dinner: Salad, sourdough toast
Baking/sweets:



Today's Favourite Photo
Chocolate cheesecake



Today’s Favourite Blog
Do you like to eat food paid for by someone else and write about it. If so this job opportunity may interest you. Tourism officials in Richmond, British Columbia are seeking applications from food bloggers from around the world. They say the city of 200,000 outside Vancouver is "a hidden gastronomic gem" with more than 400 Asian eateries, and want to capitalize on the international rise in culinary tourism.

It’s a demanding job. The successful applicant will have to visit at least one of the city's restaurants every day. The one-year contract comes with a salary of $50,000, plus compensation for housing and living expenses, as well as a daily stipend for all restaurant meals. And to help burn off all those calories, the perks also include a membership to the Richmond Olympic Oval and its 2,100-square-metre fitness centre.

It is amazing the food blogging is becoming a profession and the influence that food bloggers are having.

18 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity for a food blogger. Unfortunately Vancouver is just a little too far from Sydney for me to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there would be an opening in Sydney in the near future!

      Delete
  2. That's good and bad news for me! Good as in I'd so love to have that job but bad as it's just a little too far away and I'm sure this area isn't covered by their tourism board :D Sigh. Should I just emigrate?
    Time to make chocolate cheesecake! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Migrating for the love of food? Thats dedication.

      Delete
  3. I love Vancouver-there is a lot to see and do there. I bet they get some keen entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will, considering the search is global

      Delete
  4. Wow! It sounds fantastic! Thank you for the tip. I might soon move to Vancouver for a year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best with your impending move to Vancouver, I am sure you will love it there. And I also hope with a glass continues at the same pace:)

      Delete
    2. It was a joke: it might be the loveliest city in the world, but I wouldn't stand the cold.

      Delete
  5. Haha that would be an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great job to me! It's a good thing that the gym membership is included though. Eating out every single day would not be my smartest option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Membership is a start, using it is another story!

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling there will be more than 10 applicants! Other side of the country for me.

    ReplyDelete