|Salmon with Herbed Sourcream Sauce|
New recipe: Salmon with Herbed Sourcream Sauce. This simple one pot dish can be ready to serve in 5-10 minutes. It doesn't get much easier than this. The recipe is available here.
And in case you forgot, November is National Peanut Butter Month.
Today's Favourite Photo
Source: Gourmet Estorie
Mentai Salmon Takana Roll
Today’s Favourite Blog
Source: Daily Mail
This article perhaps does not apply to you bloggers, or does it? I am merely summarizing the article, please don’t take it personally or threaten me:)
Research shows that women finally become perfect cooks at the grand old age of 55. At that stage they have learned how to cater for parties of 12 or more, throw together random ingredients to make a decent meal, rescue a dinner that has gone awry, produce 15 meals on a regular basis all cooked from scratch, differentiate between herbs and get all elements of a roast dinner ready at the same time.
Helen Nunn, a woman, and head of marketing at the Co-operative Food conducted the study of 1,000 women. The study also revealed 85 per cent of women aged 55 and over can confidently cook eggs without breaking the yolk on fried eggs or leaving eggs to boil for too long.
Women in their fifties also mastered technology. One in three use a slow cooker when they don’t have time to cook, eight in ten know what every dial on the oven does and a third make frequent use of the food processor. Two thirds of 55-year-olds can confidently cook bread from scratch, a fifth can home-make pasta, and a third can make ice cream without instruction.
When it comes to baking, women in their fifties are more likely to throw in all the ingredients using guesswork compared to other age groups.
The article has a perfect cooks checklist. At 52 years of age, Nigella Lawson is yet to become the 'perfect' cook. Here is the checklist:
· Make gravy so that it is not runny
· Can cook fried eggs without breaking the yolk
· Can cook the perfect boiled egg
· Cook beef until it’s not tender not tough
· Cook carrots until they are aldente rather than soggy
· Cook broccoli which isn’t mushy
· Can rustle up more than 15 ‘regular’ dishes
· Can throw random ingredients together to make something delicious
· Is confident about throwing dinner parties for 12
· Know what herbs compliment meat
· Can differentiate between herbs
· Can get all elements of a roast dinner ready at the same time
· Can rescue a meal which looks like it is going wrong
· Can cook bread from scratch
· Cooks sauces from scratch rather than using jarred alternatives
· Can make ice cream from scratch
· Can make pasta from scratch
· Happy to replicate celebrity recipes
· Throw ingredients in without weighing when baking
· Bake cakes such as Victoria sponge and lemon drizzle cake regularly