Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday December 17, 2010

Tear apart lemon coconut cookie
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Missed
Lunch: Spaghetti and mixed vege soup
Dinner: Potato and carrot omelette 
Baking: Tear apart lemon coconut cookies

You must be wondering what is that strange looking thing. Its 'tear apart lemon coconut cookies'. What??? I would have had a similar reaction if I saw that picture. It does not look like a cookie at all. And google search for the cookie will not help either. Its lemon coconut cookie that has been rolled very thinly and just torn apart before baking. I thought this would be more fun than to use a cookie or pizza cutter. It tasted the same, maybe slightly better! The cookies are flat but I rearranged for their photo shoot. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture while they were on the baking tray to show what they really looked like before being dressed up for the photo shoot.

I made the cookie using the basic lemon cookie recipe, in modified form. I greatly reduced the sugar and margarine content, there was almost no margarine, and I added coconut flakes and some wholemeal flakes and removed baking powder. Basically a healthy version, or should I say less unhealthy version.

Potato and Carrot Omelette
Dinner was a simple potato and carrot omelette - potatoes and eggs are nice, carrots and eggs are nice, potatoes, carrots and eggs are less nice but carrots have carotene:) You SEE my point:)

Today's Favourite Blog
Gourmet Chick
Gourmet Chick does an interesting restaurant review. It has a "Russian ending", the start was great (good price and starter) and the end was sad. The sugar rimmed cocktail was salt rimmed by mistake. And why "Russian ending" - I was told that Russians prefer movies to have sad endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment