Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday December 19, 2010

Lightly Spiced Mustard Potatoes and Chickpeas
Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Rolled oats and pears
Lunch: Potato soup and chickpeas
Dinner: Lightly spiced mustard potatoes and chickpeas

The creamless super creamy soup I made yesterday served me well today. For lunch I simply added some chickpeas and that made a delicious and nutritious meal. There is still some left for tomorrow which I am already thinking of:) I may drop an egg and have an egg drop potato soup.

Dinner was a simple lightly spiced mustard potatoes and chickpeas. The potatoes were soft, slightly crispy and coated in spices while the mustard seeds added crunch, flavour and ‘visible appeal’. They say you eat with your eyes first and for me mustard seeds make the dish much more appealing. Mustard seeds also contain omega-3 which is good for you.

Today was a very good sugar consumption day, I consumed no added sugar, to offset excess consumption yesterday. It feels great!

Today's Favourite Blog
ieatishootipost
ieatishootipost has just published a book called 'The End of Char Kway Teow'. Char Kway Teow is a Singaporean dish that ieatishootipost predicts will start to disappear due to health reasons. The dish is made with lard and crackling. This is one of my favourite dishes and I make sure I eat it when I am in Singapore. Anyway, it would be sad to see such great traditional dishes disappear. In Sweden in supermarkets you can find 'gammaldags mjölk' - which means 'old fashioned milk'. Its non-homogenised milk with normal fat content. So old fashioned milk is available if you need it but the other milk is now considered normal. Perhaps in future you could find 'gammal dags char kway teow':)  
It is also interesting to see a food blogger publishing a book, and it looks like it will be a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment