Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday December 7, 2010

Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Rolled oats with bananas, toasted coconut, sunflower seeds and linseeds
Lunch: Spiced Tomato Chickpea Pilaf
Dinner: Swedish ginger thins (pepparkakor), saffron bun (lussekatter) and chocolates


Breakfast and lunch was nice and healthy. For lunch I made a vegetarian version of pilaf, a quick and simple one pot dish requiring minimal effort. It was enjoyable and nutritious. And from lunch it went downhill. While walking in the city I snacked on Swedish ginger thins, chocolates, glögg (mulled wine) and Japanese plum wine. From there I moved onto the American Chamber Christmas Mingle where for 'dinner' I had saffron buns and plenty of wine, followed by chocolates on my way home. Chocolates do contain cocoa which is good for you:) And I am sure the saffron buns contain some nutrition.
When leaving the American Chamber mingle we received a bag of goodies which included a can of Vanilla Cola. I had never seen this before and have yet to try it. According to the label it contains cane sugar and no high fructose corn syrup or caffeine. It probably tastes good too:) Have you tried Hansen's Vanilla Cola?
 
Today's Favourite Blog
Saucy Onion
Saucy Onion takes you on a nice tour of Eataly, the Italian themed food emporium in New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment