Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wednesday December 15, 2010

Macaroni, potatoes, chickpeas and meatballs in tomato harissa sauce


Today's Food Diary
Breakfast: Sourdough bun and margarine
Lunch: Macaroni, potatoes, chickpeas and meatballs in tomato harissa sauce
Dinner: Rice and mixed veges in soya sauce and crushed mustard
Baking: Crinkle cookies

I really love mac and beans cooked in tomato sauce. The sauce becomes thick as a result of being cooked in the pasta water. I added just three small meatballs for flavour, and harissa for some heat. Mac and beans without meatballs is pretty tasty on its own but today I needed little bit of fat to keep me warm. The version I make is really simple to prepare, and of course delicious and nutritious. It is also easy to tweek the dish by changing ingredients. I could happily eat this dish almost everyday, with meatballs on cold days of course.

For baking I used up part of the crinkle cookie dough which I had prepared and frozen some days ago. I made three cookies only, and not very large ones. The varieties I made were cinnamon, plain sugar crinkled and coconut crinkled. As always all three were delicious. I would happily eat three dozen if given the opportunity:) But today I managed to control my will power.

Today's Favourite Blog
Gourmet Chick
Champagne, canapés in an exclusive establishment, and all for free. Christmas came early for Gourmet Chick and I am sure she deserves it. Considering the establishment, the champagne and canapés looked exquisite. Now I am waiting for my invitation...

No comments:

Post a Comment